It’s been a while since I’ve chatted about beauty products…
What better way to get back into it than by sharing my go-to nighttime beauty routine?!
Let’s get started—
- Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm: If I wore a lot of makeup that day, I always begin my wind down by taking it off. This product is so effective, and I have yet to find anything better. It’s not too oily. Otherwise, I would just use coconut oil.
- Alba Hawaiian Facial Cleanser: I rotate through different cleansers regularly. I love something gentle and refreshing. The Alba products have always worked well for me. Their ingredients speak for themselves, and their tropical scent is unmatched.
- Hey Honey Detoxifying Mud Mask: I found out about the Hey Honey brand through my Ipsy Glam Bag subscriptions and have fallen in love. I only do it once or twice a month, but this mud mask gets the job done. I have combination skin, so I am constantly searching for a mask that isn’t too harsh and drying. This mask is just what I’m looking for.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil: The best thing I have ever done for my acne prone skin is start putting this oil on every night. I always joke that it should be called Miracle Oil instead of Maracuja Oil. Tarte has been one of my favorite brands for a long time because they are one of the few makeup companies that sell healthy products that actually work. The oil always feels like it’s healing my skin, and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels soft and looks radiant.
- Hey Honey Open Your Eyes: I received this product in my Ipsy Glam Bag as well, and I was not immediately impressed. I couldn’t tell any difference in the appearance of my eyes after using the product for a few weeks, but I still found myself reaching for it. I soon realized this was because of the way it makes my eye area feel. After a long day, this product wakes my eyes up. That might sound counterintuitive at bedtime, but for someone who loves to read before they fall asleep, it’s ideal.
- Clinique Moisturizing Lotion: Similar to my cleansers, I’m always trying out new moisturizers. Yet, I find myself coming back to this one time and time again. It isn’t too harsh for daily wear, and it feels comfortable on my skin.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: Like I mentioned earlier, I have combination skin. I am oily in some places and dry and sensitive in others. That’s why a spot treatment is perfect for my skin type. I put a drop of this stuff on a blemish before bed, and when I wake up the next day, it has dramatically gone down in size.
- Kiehl’s Chapstick: Going to bed with dry lips is one of the worst feelings! I always always always have a chapstick by my bed. This one in particular is great because it has a cooling sensation that soothes and relaxes as I’m falling to sleep.